Re: [opensuse] Opensuse 11.1 for server ?
  • From: "Arie Reynaldi Z" <reymanx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 18:31:02 +0700
What about soft RAID 1 (mirror) ? I do need it because in my
experience HD failure happens.. RAID 1 and backup every night really
helpful.. And what filesystem that recommend for server ? XFS or stick
with ext3 ?

xfs and ext3 both are fine. xfs is told to be better for larger files.

There is no problem with RAID1, but with other RADI-Levels, because journaling
file systems need barrier support and only RADI1 implements that. LVM does not
support write barriers, too.

if data integrity is important for you, you shall not use LVM or any RAID
except RAID1.

Great !! Just what I need.. Thank Herbert.. :-)

-ARZ-