Re: [opensuse] Media mystery.
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 04:11:58 -0500
JosipBroz wrote:
Dne četrtek 08 januar 2009 ob 09:34:02 je Markus Koßmann napisal(a):
Now, if I open the disk with Konq. or Dolphin, they tell me the total
number of files is 153 and the total size is 72.9G!! The disk cover says
it's a dual layer DVD. It contains English, French, and Spanish
languages. I'm presently extracting only the English files in K9Copy and
already (compressed of course) have a total of almost 7G and it's not
done yet!!

Can anyone explain what Disney has managed to do to get this much on a
dual layer DVD, which I had assumed wouldn't even play on an old DVD
player?
Probably some kind of copy protection ;-) Just put some wrong data into the
right places of the filesystem and you will get that

IIRC, there is also something similar to symlinking the files on a DVD; so,
for example, files in each language directory are counted separately,
although
they may be actually just "symlinks" to other locations.

It is strange....going to look at it later to view stats of the video
dir. Whatever is going on, there's no way to copy it.

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."