Re: [opensuse] Media mystery.
  • From: JosipBroz <web_dept@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:50:14 +0100
Dne četrtek 08 januar 2009 ob 09:34:02 je Markus Koßmann napisal(a):
Now, if I open the disk with Konq. or Dolphin, they tell me the total
number of files is 153 and the total size is 72.9G!! The disk cover says
it's a dual layer DVD. It contains English, French, and Spanish
languages. I'm presently extracting only the English files in K9Copy and
already (compressed of course) have a total of almost 7G and it's not
done yet!!

Can anyone explain what Disney has managed to do to get this much on a
dual layer DVD, which I had assumed wouldn't even play on an old DVD
player?

Probably some kind of copy protection ;-) Just put some wrong data into the
right places of the filesystem and you will get that

IIRC, there is also something similar to symlinking the files on a DVD; so,
for example, files in each language directory are counted separately, although
they may be actually just "symlinks" to other locations.