Re: [opensuse] Opensuse 11.1 for server ?
  • From: "Arie Reynaldi Z" <reymanx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:47:13 +0700
I have an x86_64 11.1 server configured with no problems whatsoever with
apache2 with SSL, BIND 9 DNS, dhcpd providing dynamic updates via TSIGs to
BIND, samba providing shares, and pptpd VPN working just fine. The core server
packages seem OK. It just sucks when I have to look at the screen ;-)

What about soft RAID 1 (mirror) ? I do need it because in my
experience HD failure happens.. RAID 1 and backup every night really
helpful.. And what filesystem that recommend for server ? XFS or stick
with ext3 ?

Thanks for helps guys..