Re: [opensuse] Finding a modem (more)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:27:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2009-01-07 at 16:12 -0800, Simon Roberts wrote:

Well, as you have real serial ports in your machine, I would try getting an
external modem via serial port. They work (almost) always.

Bleargh, I think you're right. I loaded the "softmodem" stuff that I found in the distro, and it says that it doesn't support FAX functionality, so I guess--since that's all I wanted to do with this thing anyway--I'll have to give up until I can find a nice cheap external FAX modem

It happens, yes, afaik usually the driver does not support fax.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.