Re: [opensuse] Installing openSuSE v11.1 on T21 -- Revisited
  • From: Don Raboud <don.raboud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:03:51 -0700
On Wednesday 07 January 2009 10:40:19 am Stan Goodman wrote:

<snip>

Installation and configuration proceeded normally, but instead of
rebooting to present me with a finished system, it stalled with a dark
screen and unblinking cursor in the upper-left corner. A five minute wait
convinced me that it was going nowhere.

<snip>

I don't know what else to examine, and would be very grateful for comments
and advice.

Stan,

I ran into something similar when I first installed 11.0. In that case I
could boot the installed system by using the installation DVD and selecting
the Boot from Hard Disk option.

Have you tried something similar?

--
Don