Re: [opensuse] deleted my /home directory
  • From: "John R. Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:35:11 -0800
On Tuesday January 06 2009 18:48:50 John R. Sowden wrote:
On my last upgrade from 10.3 to 11.0, Suse installed the 10.3 root
directory into my home directory, which I never noticed because I don't go
there, until a few days ago when I decided to upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1.
As I was deleting these directories, I accidently deleted my home
directory. I don't keep much there, but linux and its apps do. Is there a
recovery.

Also I have OOo files in another directory, but I don't know which
partition. Is there a way to:
1) Find out which partition a file is in.
2) Copy these files from disk to a usb stick drive while in the "live"
mode?

tia,

John

No one is addressing the issue of the fact that I cannot connect a usb stick
drive in the live mode. Is this the case, or am I trying to do something
that has not been done? The reason that I am using the live mode is because
linux will not boot with the home directory missing.

thnaks