Re: [opensuse] How to cause zypepr to (re)mount partitions?
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:14:11 +0100
On Tuesday 06 January 2009 20:53:00 Lars Müller wrote:
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 12:37:53PM +0100, Josef Wolf wrote:
I would like to mount /usr as read-only and not mount /boot at all
by default. This seems to work so far, but updating or installing
new packages fails. On debian/ubuntu, I could solve this by setting

DPkg::Pre-Invoke {"/bin/mount -o remount,rw /usr ";};
DPkg::Post-Invoke {"/bin/mount -o remount /usr ";};

in /etc/apt/apt.conf.

Now I am curious: Is there any way to get a similar functionality on
opensuse?

Please file a feature request if you think it's worth.

You'll get asked for the intention of your approach. I expect the
"usual" this is more secure or this prevents you from deleteting /usr.

Not working as root or using sudo might be more efficient.

If you want to have / on Flash/SSD disc, it would be usefull minimize the
writes on it. The readonly root make a sense in this case.

Regards
MV