Re: [opensuse] More Samba Help
  • From: John Bennett <hornetster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 21:09:29 +1000
Bogdan Cristea wrote:
On Monday 05 January 2009 21:26:17 Donald D Henson wrote:

can be opened by any other machine. Can anyone give me a simple
step-by-step procedure for doing that? Any help appreciated.

When I need to share folders for everyone, I prefer to share a folder, from
Samba server in yast, so that is accessible only by guests (the option should
be "guest only = yes") and the symbolic links are followed ("Follow symbolic
links = yes"). Then I create in this folder symbolic links to folders I want
to share.

I'm sure I have seen these optiuons in SWAT and similar, but can't find
these advanced (guest only/symbolic links etc) within the options in
YAST server......? Please point me in the right direction!
John.