Re: [opensuse] rsnapshot question
  • From: Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:53:18 +0100
Am Dienstag 06 Januar 2009 00:41:12 schrieb Bob S:
Is there any advantage ro running rsnapshot over plain old rsync? I don't
want to do regular timed backups with chron because my backup disk is usb
and I only plug it in when I want to use it. (don't want it running all of
the time.)

There is no problem with calling rsnapshot by hand instead of installing it
into a crontab. With a little bit scripting, It is even possible to call it
automatically on plugin of an usb disk and let the machine beep if the backup
is done and the disk can be removed.

Herbert