Re: [opensuse] OT: Is the problem the Motherboard or the RAM
  • From: lluis <lmartinez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:49:21 +0100
El lun, 05-01-2009 a las 16:06 -0500, Mike Coan escribió:

Since my desktop is an AM2 motherboard, also by Asrock, I took out the Athlon
64 dual core cpu and put it in the new motherboard. I put in 2 sticks of the
OCZ dual channel memory and it posts fine, so I put in all 4 sticks of the
OCZ
ddr2 1066 ram. It posts fine and is running memtest as we speak. No errors
so far. That makes it look like the memory controller on the quad core
phenom
is bad.

Not so fast. I put the quad core phenom cpu in my desktop machine, which
previously had the Athlon 64 dual core cpu. The motherboard is the Asrock
AliveNF7G-HD720p and supports the quad core phenom with the latest bios. My
desktop has 4GB of A-Data dual channel memory ddr2 800. With the new AMD
Phenom quad core cpu it boots fine with dual channel memory and is what I am
using to type this email.

Sorry for bad english.

4 sticks of the OCZ ddr2 1066 ram Not is acorded specifications for CPU.

MAX 2 sticks 1066 or 4 sticks 800
--
Saludos

Lluis