[opensuse] One - no, I lie - MANY more 11.1/KDE4 problems
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:46:27 -0500
... in a long line of little annoyances.

On one login the KDE4 panel was scrambled. I couldn't account for why.
Deleted and rebuilt.

Now the batter monitor has a place there but no icon and the kmix,
although reported present by "ps -ef", does not appear in the system
tray. Trying ti kill & restart it does not bring it to the tray,
although "ps -ef" says its there.

No changes to apparmor and reinstalling the packages and rebooting
doesn't help.

Its annoying as there is no sound from any of the applications..
No, I don't have pulseaudio installed, but I did notice with 11.1 that
if the system has bee up a few hours the sound 'pulses" - a vibrato effect.

On top of that, the Network manager seems to be running wpa_supplicant
even though wlan0 is disabled and the config file says 'manual'.
Killing it just causes it to restart.

The problems I'm having with 11.1 and KDE4 aren't the dramatic ones that
I see discussed here, but lots of small, niggling intermittent ones that
are frustrating to find. "Death of a thousand duck bites".

--
The only reason to give a speech is to change the world.
- John F. Kennedy