[opensuse] More Samba Help
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin-list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:26:17 -0700
(Linux Earth-svr 2.6.27.7-9-pae #1 SMP 2008-12-04 18:10:04 +0100 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux)
(SAMBA 3.2.4-5.2)
(MS Windows xp home/pro)
My SOHO system consists of two Linux workstations, each with some
network functions, a Windows XP pro laptop, and a Windows XP Home
notebook. All are connected via a local net using cat 5 cable or wifi. I
have a ton of tech data on Samba, from how to get it to how to
administer a large network using Samba. (I think my problem is too much
data.) All I want is to publish a folder on any of the machines that
can be opened by any other machine. Can anyone give me a simple
step-by-step procedure for doing that? Any help appreciated.

--
Don Henson

< Previous Next >