Re: [opensuse] how does bugzilla work?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:26:05 -0600
primm wrote:
Bug 445320 concerns the intel 845 (and I think many other) Intel graphics. It
only allows framebuffer graphics for these chipsets. It was found in 11.1
rc1. I've sent in some extra info and voted for the bug.

I'm not sure how bugzilla works but an upgrade to 11.1 would render my 20
node
lan useless due to screen flicker. My main concern is when are rc bugs fixed?
Is it likely to be fixed before release this week? If not what is the usual
timescale? Would it be sensible up upgrade just one box to 11.1, get Yast to
setup the install server and wait until the bug gets fixed?

cheers, L x

Primm,

I wouldn't upgrade, but if you are stuck, you can probably rebuild X
and work
around the issue. I haven't looked for the 11.1 issue, but I did it to solve
some 10.x issues. I have a road map for you:

http://www.3111skyline.com/linux/intel-LinuxDriver.php

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC