Re: [opensuse] Can't Shut Down
  • From: Nkoli <coomac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:06:35 -0500
On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 06:57 -0800, Kai Ponte wrote:

Okay, I checked and I can shut down after logging out.

What broke?

No idea Kai, on the desktop with 11.1(i586) and KDE 3, i get the
features that you are missing. I'll be updating my laptop as soon as
it's back from the shop, and check that out.

Nothing broke. You get only the option to logout if X was started from
the command line. For example, if you do 'init 3' or kill X, then run
startx from the console, when you go to leave, restart and shutdown
won't appear. I think the same thing happens if you run 'init 5' from
the console as well. Everything returns to normal when X is started by
the system.

Nkoli