Re: [opensuse] ivtv on 11.1 i586
  • From: Jose <jtc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:46:54 -0500
Harald Müller-Ney wrote:
Mike McMullin schrieb:
I'm trying to configure my Hauppage150 on 11.1, on 10,3 it loaded
three drivers, ivtv, ivtv-firmware, and ivtv-kmp-default, and had the
-default kernel. On 11.1 the kernel is pae and drivers available are
ivtv and ivtv-firmware. Looking in YaST at what's available to install,
i see that ivtv is provided by the oss repo, and the ivtv-firmware is
provided by the non-oss repo (and is on the oss repo as well), but the
ivtv-kmp-default (or any other kernel flavour) is un-available.
So do i need the kmp-kernel flavour or not, even though the TV-Card
module notes that the module is not installed and loses the info after
you finish with the configure of the TV-Card?

The modules are part of the main kernel package meanwhile:

# find /lib/modules/2.6.27.7-9-pae -type f -name "ivtv*"
/lib/modules/2.6.27.7-9-pae/kernel/drivers/media/video/ivtv/ivtv.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.27.7-9-pae/kernel/drivers/media/video/ivtv/ivtvfb.ko

# rpm -qf \
/lib/modules/2.6.27.7-9-pae/kernel/drivers/media/video/ivtv/ivtv.ko
kernel-pae-2.6.27.7-9.1

I never used ivtv, but I would say you have all you need. Maybe somebody
using it has more information for you.

I just configured mythtv on Suse 11.1 and after some working around on the sound side, mythtv works like a charm I have a Hauppauge 350, I didn't enable the tv out as I don't need it, but I did not have a problem with the TV card, mind you if I go through the configuration wizrad from yast, it will not keep the config, seem to have a problem with the firmware, I ignored that and I went ahead and install mythy from packman.