Re: [opensuse] Re: Tymeshare ??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:21:56 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Sunday, 2009-01-04 at 16:20 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

That's easy - keep your written references.

The problem with that is that US companies don't give written
references, or at least did not back in the 70's & 80's.

Ah, that IS a problem, yes.

They don't give them in Spain, for example. I only have one from a
supervisor. Companies don't seem to exepct them, either.

In Switzerland they're quite an important part of your job-application,
and you're entitled (by law) to a reference when you leave an employer.

I don't think they're really of much importance except for perhaps the
first one or two jobs you have, but if you need proof to back your CV,
they're quite handy. I can't remember last time anyone saw my