Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <Philipp.Thomas2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 15:59:26 +0100
On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:17:39 +0200, you wrote:

What is needed here, as stated by the OP, is an interface/GUI
application similar to Fink for the Mac that assists users to build
source code and use it correctly.

As I said, use Gentoo and you have what you want. But IMNSHO this system
makes you believe things are simple when they're not. It won't help you
when problems with the the code arise or a library has changed.

I still believe that either you understand what you are doing are a fairly
low level or you keep your hands off. You probably wouldn't assemble a
motor from it's parts but rather let your repair shop do it or buy it
completely assembled, would you?

Philipp