Re: [opensuse] slow nfs over wifi
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:33:08 +0100
lynn wrote:

Is wifi designed to be able to mount nfs shares?

I doubt if it was designed for it, but it works just fine.

My connection is superb over Internet via my ISP but eg my xmas photos
from my mobile took 10 minutes to download 20 Mb or so via nfs.

Can you describe the exact setup, please. It sounds as if your mobile
has an NFS server, which it probably doesn't.

And during nfs stuff the dlink connection to my router shows only 2
bars out of 5. As soon as nfs finishes it's back to 5/5. Maybe you're
not supposed to use nfs over wireless.

Nope, there is no such restriction.

Please no 'works for me'. Just whether it can work properly or not.

Yes it can. We use it regularly.

/Per

--
/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich