[opensuse] slow nfs over wifi
  • From: lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:15:31 +0100
Is wifi designed to be able to mount nfs shares? My connection is superb over
Internet via my ISP but eg my xmas photos from my mobile took 10 minutes to
download 20 Mb or so via nfs. And during nfs stuff the dlink connection to my
router shows only 2 bars out of 5. As soon as nfs finishes it's back to 5/5.
Maybe you're not supposed to use nfs over wireless. Please no 'works for me'.
Just whether it can work properly or not. Only personal experiences please. No
theory! 11.1 with a 64 bit nfs server and a laptop also on 11.1 connecting
using kinternetmanager out of the box which I do not want to change. Phew. And
my son thought i'd never be able to ask it.

Luv L x