Re: [opensuse] Controlling zypper's Timedout when it is updating -- REPOST
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 18:54:19 +1100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Saturday, 2009-01-03 at 17:10 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Basil Chupin escribiÒ³:

Can anyone provide an answer, please?

echo "connect-timeout = number-of-seconds-you-want" >> /root/.curlrc

Thank you.

I have created the .curlrc as per above and now await to test it the
next time zypper "hangs" :-) - and will advise of the results.

(If the above IS the workable solution then why can't this be made part
of the zypper 'config'?)

Notice that you are confusing zypper with YaST. You talk about
clicking a button, selecting a menu... zypper doesn't have any of
those, zypper is a command line utility. You are using "YOU", and the
behaviour is slightly different.

And I did open a Bugzilla about this problem, in zypper (not YaST).

Thanks for your comment.

I am absolutely fed up with "confusing" things when it comes to the
applications used by oS to upgrade/update itself. I thought this sort of
@#$* was done away with many months ago.

Following your comment I have now installed the proper way of doing
things on oS which is by using smart.

Ciao.

--
"With the portion of mankind that is above average one may speak of
higher things; with those below it, one may not."