Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
  • From: j debert <jdebert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 17:37:50 -0800

Carlos E. R. さんは書きました:

| I assume that the Mac people have a method defined so that all those
| applications compile in the same way, a standard place to get the
| sources, dependencies, etc.
|
| Or are they simply doing a rebuild rpm? Because that does exist in
suse,
| too.

The Fink project is separate from Apple. It is a way to (more or less)
painlessly install open source apps on a Mac. It's practically a
distribution itself. If you're interested in finding out more, it's at:

http://www.finkproject.org/

Someone started a spinoff of Fink for Linux years ago but it never
went past the "hey, that's a good idea!" stage.

==
jd

God is real, unless declared integer.

- --