Re: [opensuse] OT: Is the problem the Motherboard or the RAM
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 17:49:32 -0600
On Saturday 03 January 2009 01:45:55 pm Mike Coan wrote:

I basically left the BIOS defaults, except that I changed the DIMM voltage
from auto to 2.2V, which is what is specified for the RAM. I am not trying
to overclock or anything exotic.

Maybe you should trust Auto, as it will be set according to data stored on a
memory stick. Datasheet can be out of sync with the latest production.

It can be also problem that actual voltage on the chip is lower then BIOS
tells. Check what happens if you set voltage higher or lower then 2.2V.

Possible reason can be that RAM and motherboard are incompatible for variety
of reasons, see OCZ memory configurator:
http://conf.ocztechnology.com/index.php?c=1&classid=108&mfrid=11595

--
Regards, Rajko