Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
2009/1/3 Michael S. Dunsavage <mikesd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 01:21 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

in most scenarios, rebuilding
packages from source will not produce any noticeable benefit for you.

The only time I see compiling a necessity is if the binary needs to be
compiled with a certain option.

It would still be nice to have as then if the precompiled rpm package
is defunct, then a user can download the source and compile it
specific to their system.

If I were you, I would raise a Request for Enhancement jd.

Not sure what is being asked for here.

If I build from source - which I have on many occasions - then I do a
simple configure > make > checkinstall routine. That gives me an RPM
for installation.