Re: [opensuse] Kopete Webcam
  • From: Malte Gell <malte.gell@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 15:43:35 +0100
Hi there,

Has anyone identified the issue with Kopete 0.12.7 (Using KDE 3.5.10
"release 21.11) not recognizing the webcam?

i have heard this is a known issue and should be fixed in future versions of
KDE. The Kopete version that comes with KDE 4.1 and openSUSE 11.1 is also
broken.

But under Kopetes settings I get a blue screen that has the quality of a
certain screen of death... A classic M$ memory.

In my case it is a green screen ;-)

When under KDE 4.1, I received raster lines only... even in luvcview

I have a Philips SPC 620 and it works with luvcview under KDE 4.1, but not
with Kopete. It should work with luvcview, if it does not there is a driver
issue.

My big hope is, the new version of Kopete will be made available as a patch to
openSUSE 11.1, hopefully they won't let us live with that broken version...

Malte