Re: [opensuse] Beagle crashes hard my machine. Removing beagle impedes nautilus from running.
  • From: auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:43:18 +0200
On Monday 22 December 2008, Carlos E. R. wrote:
No... I don't think I have it. I searched on the bug names in my list and
I don't see that one looking for reiser or beagle. I heard of it and I
waited till it was solved before I upgraded. But as my factory install at
the time did not show the symptoms, I couldn't report on it.

I just had 3 system hangs (SysRq-B works, SysRq-S doesn't) in succession,
right after KDE (and beagle) starts. Killing beagle right after KDE started
the fourth time prevented the hang, so it must be the same issue as yours. I
notice a pattern here that might be relevant: every time I'm using a vanilla
kernel, which I compile myself and has reiserfs in the kernel, I get
"ReiserFS: sda2: warning: Invalid hash for xattr (user.Beagle) associated with
[101 45992 0x0 SD]" messages for various files in the system log. These error
messages never appear when I use the opensuse kernel, this has been the case
since 10.3, if I remember correctly. The hangs started right after I booted
with the vanilla kernel.

Do you have a bug # to add this information?

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Happy new year everybody,