[opensuse] ivtv on 11.1 i586
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 01:08:14 -0500

I'm trying to configure my Hauppage150 on 11.1, on 10,3 it loaded
three drivers, ivtv, ivtv-firmware, and ivtv-kmp-default, and had the
-default kernel. On 11.1 the kernel is pae and drivers available are
ivtv and ivtv-firmware. Looking in YaST at what's available to install,
i see that ivtv is provided by the oss repo, and the ivtv-firmware is
provided by the non-oss repo (and is on the oss repo as well), but the
ivtv-kmp-default (or any other kernel flavour) is un-available.
So do i need the kmp-kernel flavour or not, even though the TV-Card
module notes that the module is not installed and loses the info after
you finish with the configure of the TV-Card?