Re: [opensuse] Partition usb disk to boot 4 OS systems
  • From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 02:23:18 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 07:51:39AM +0700, Masim Vavai Sugianto wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Booting from the usb disk is critical. If I can't do that then I will
have to use either another internal sata drive or an external esata drive.
What I want to do is use grub or grub2 to boot one of at least four
different
versions of Linux from the new drive.

You may used syslinux
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux) and then
modified syslinux.cfg to do what you want. Syslinux can make boot
partition to USB disk.

If you wish to try, you may also try 11.1 LiveUSB :
http://vavai.net/2009/01/02/how-to-make-opensuse-111-liveusb/

--
Best Regards,

Masim "Vavai" Sugianto
Blog (ID) : http://www.vavai.com/blog
Blog (EN) : http://www.vavai.net
Community : http://www.opensuse.or.id

Masim,

Thanks for the info!!! I will study the info in the links you provided.

Dave Feustel