Re: [opensuse] QEMU VM not working after migrating to 64-bit SuSE
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:20:18 -0600
On Friday 02 January 2009 04:44:04 pm JosipBroz wrote:
Dne Ĩetrtek 01 januar 2009 ob 12:54:12 je JosipBroz napisal(a):
Hi!
My QEMU virtual machines, created on 32-bit OpenSUSE 11.0 don't work on
64-bit OpenSUSE 11.1. The Windows 98 VM stops while booting, with the
messages that there's trouble with configmgr. WinXP also doesn't boot.
Has anyone already encountered this "bug" -- or is it just normal
behaviour? Must I redo all my VMs from scratch?

Hmmm... anyone using QEMU at all?

I did - before I discovered VirtualBox.

I can't recall that I was able to run iso image to install openSUSE.
It would start and then quit with kernel crash screen.
Though, I can't recall anymore, was that because of kernel driver. You can
check what happens if you don't load kernel driver.

The 32 bit system would work fine.

Both systems 32 and 64 bit were installed on the same 64 bit hardware.

--
Regards, Rajko