Re: [opensuse] Safest way to update kernel? or don't bother?
  • From: "Sbs Bofh" <sbsbofh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 18:31:28 +0100
Download the package and install it using rpm, the new kernel will add
a default new entry in the grub config.
If all works, you can remove the old one using the same command.

OK, that sounds like a much better idea!

How do I figure out exactly which RPM I need to download from
http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3/?

FWIW, yast describes the kernel update as "undocumented patch for
3837c2df513f0088f0fdd19fc0db5adc" but that doesn't seem to help...

Thanks for your help...

Jim