Re: Re[2]: [opensuse] How do I do this with zypper?
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 07:43:46 -0700
On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 15:26 +0100, Christian wrote:
OK, but i dont want to create my own packages. When i download an
application and want to compile it some dependencies are needed. For
example, in Debian I type:
apt-get build-dep application
Many thanks,
Christian

Christian.

What I do is the following

1. Open the readme file :)

2. Open yast/software manager and download the dependencies. If they are
not there (rare) then I build them from source

3. $./configure

4. $make

5. #checkinstall.
That creates an rpm to be use only in you system or in a very similar
system.
6. install the rpm

Note: the rpm vs make install imho has the advantage that is easier to
remove.

-=terry=-