Re: [opensuse] SUSE Operating System: GRUB Loading Error 18
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 19:11:50 -0500
On 2009/01/01 15:49 (GMT-0800) meredith walsh composed:

Hi, I have my computer set up for dual boot SUSE and Windows.

We probably need more information about how you went about doing that setup,
and which Windows, and which SUSE. Vista can be more trouble than older
versions.

However, now when the option of which operating system no longer appears.
Instead, I get a choice of Booting from the Local Disk, Installation, Memory
Check, Firmware check, etc.

Sounds like your installation DVD is still in the drive.

If I choose to Boot from the local disk, it goes to GRUB loading ... then
returns Error 18.

http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/gnu/grub/html_chapter/grub_13.html tells the
meaning of that message.

I'm a Newbie at this, so any help - as clearly and simply as you can put it
would be great.

Start with telling us more about what you have and did.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/