Re: [opensuse] A good network mapping program?
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:20:02 +0000
On Thursday 01 January 2009, Anthony M Simonelli wrote:
Does anyone know of a good network mapping program or collection of
programs to help in this area? I administer a small businesses network
(60 workstations) and everything runs really well, but lately I've been
experiencing strange problems. I'm looking for a way to detect bottle
necks, improve performance, visually map my network based on detected
nodes, etc. I have a simple amount of experience with networking so if
my question isn't making a lot of sense, can you please tell me? Any
help is appreciated.

One program i found very usefull a while ago is one called "Tvark" it gave a
very usefill grapical display of traffic routing , I found a few windows PC
on a large network with outside internet connections that were trying to act
as extra DNS servers causing big bottle necks .

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)