[opensuse] Zypper curl errors in 11.0
  • From: "Myrosia Dzikovska" <myrosia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 12:08:40 +0000
I run opensuse updater applet in 11.0. More 2/3 of the time it comes
up with the same message "curl error: cannot resolve
http://download.opensuse.org"; or "curl error: cannot resolve
http://www.mirrorservice.org";. If I type either of those addresses
into Firefox, they come up just fine, though there is a delay (my
provider's ISP isn't the fastest). And if I re-try the update
immediately after, it comes through. But it doesn't seem to be able to
go forward on its own. Is there a way for me to reconfigure something
to make it work? I don't really think it's my network configuration
per se - my web browsing never has any problems. I am wondering if
there is some extra config setting for libcurl and/or zypper that I
could set, and where, to make it more tolerant to long delays in
domain name resolution.

Myrosia