Re: [opensuse] Keyboard non-responsive after login??
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hyltonconacher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:30:31 +0200
2008/12/31 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wednesday 2008 December 31 14:51:51 Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

<,snip>

Having a look at ~/ I see there is a /.kde and /.kde4 directory so I
guess I should rename both?

Probably just the one that corresponds to the version of KDE you are using.

OK,, so as I am using KDE4, I log into the box as the troubled user,
using a different window manager, rename the file, logout and login
back in under ke4, and all should work again, bar me having to
reconfigure an app or twos window settings?

"Binary search" to find problematic files in .kde:

Tnx for the explanation but it would seem the renaming of a directory
is FAR easier. :)

Maybe. Depends on how long it takes you to reconstruct your settings. After
the binary search technique nearly all your setting are there. After
renaming the directory nearly all your settings are gone.

Have to admit it sounds better but seems to complex to do as a
'newbie' user. Perhaps I can explore this type of troubleshooting in
another thread.

Regards
Hylton