Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:29:07 +0200
On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 01:13 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
2008/9/23 M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Sunday 21 September 2008 23:44, vince wrote:
Linux is not yet perfect for desktop use, that is true.
That is absolute nonsense.

Are you arguing that Linux is _perfect_ for desktop use? I need to run
Solidworks on my desktop, to be interoperable with people who care
more about functional software than about any dream of open code. Any
system that cannot run Solidworks is not perfect for me or any other
engineer in my position.

So your question is: Is Linux perfect at running applications that were
not written for it.

I think your issue is not with Linux, but with Solidworks.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.