Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:26:16 +0200
On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 17:21 -0700, Tony Alfrey wrote:

While I don't want you to think I'm some kinda troll (I use a Mac and
two partitions of linux) I will submit that I think that a Mac is what
linux + desktop-of-your-choice could be, were it not for the need to
support a bunch of hardware for which there are no drivers. If SuSE +
KDE + QT + kernel kids could stick to one hardware platform (and even
choose what it would be), it *would* be the universal choice for OS.
The Mac is, in essence, OS + box.

Yep. But, even with a minimal hardware support list, MAC OS still has
hardware support issues. Like the odd wireless behavior.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Kapellgränd 7
P.O. Box 4205
SE-102 65 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

And remember:

It is like talking about large city with all constructions finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.