Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 00:12:24 -0400

The Monday 2008-09-22 at 10:30 +0200, Herbert Graeber wrote:

However, we kept running into issues. The wifi (Linksys running
ndiswrapper)
will continually drop.

Never use ndiswrapper, if there is any chance to get wifi running with a
real linux driver. ndiswrapper is no solution, it is a workaround, which
may help, if nothing else works. Best is, you check your hardware for
compatibility before you buy.

Exactly. When shopping, you have to ensure that everything works with
linux, and that is not always easy to find out before you buy :-(

Which is why I tell the person who's answering my questions about such
and such, that if it doesn't work in Linux, it gets returned, because I
don't use Windows (unless I have to). And if they aren't OK with that,
I don't buy it (from them). It's not only the hardware Vendors but the
resalers that we need to be working on.