Re: [opensuse] WiFi scanning in Knetworkmanager not that great
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 17:03:08 -0400
Boris Epstein wrote:
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've noticed that the scanning in Knetworkmanager in OpenSUSE 11.0 doesn't work
very well. Right now, as I sit at my desk, it only shows 4 networks and
doesn't even show mine. On the other hand, my N800 shows 8 networks, including
mine. I think this part should go back to the way it worked in 10.3, as that
worked well.

On my laptop I've got 10.3 and I use WiFi Radar which seems to work
just fine. Have you tried that?

Boris.
No, I haven't tried it. However Knetworkmanager used to work well in that respect, but it has since been "improved" so that it doesn't.