[opensuse] zypper cache cleanup while running
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:12:53 -0500
Hi,
I'm in the middle of live update of my 10.3 to 11 (over the internet).
What worries me is, that my /var gets full, i.e. /var/cache/zypper
continues to increase. From what I see, zypper installs immediately
the packages it downloads, but keeps them in var/cache/zypper.

So, is it safe to delete older rpm's from the cache, as they are
already installed? I mean packages, which were installed during the
this same run? Will zypper need them later in the install process?

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.