Re: [opensuse] 11.0 KDE 4 {first impressions}
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:20:14 -0400
Anders Johansson pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Friday 20 June 2008 20:29:15 Ken Schneider wrote:
1. How do you add apps to the taskbar in KDE4? I tried dragging but as
soon as you click on the menu entry it launches. I tried to right click
on the menu entry to get the popup that was in use in 3.x but that only
launches the app as well. If I right click on the taskbar I only have
the option of adding a widget ( whoopee ).

Dragging from the menu works perfectly in 4.1 beta. Maybe you should try that instead

Perhaps in the 4.1 beta it does, but that isn't the version that is on the 11.0 DVD install. Added note to subject line.

If this is the future of 4.x trash can it and go back to improving 3.x
cause 4.x sucks!

and maybe you should look at the future of kde before saying it sucks - it is available for your perusal

When you remove a lot of the configuration options that were in the previous version it just plain sucks! Only the future will tell. If the config options are added back in then good otherwise it SUCKS! My opinion.

Anders

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998