Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:16:35 +1100
Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Monday 03 March 2008 17:48, Basil Chupin wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
You will undoubtedly remember the discussion about the stability
problems on my new workstation from a couple of weeks ago. I'll
quickly sum up -
[pruned]

And the machine still crashes under load - even just a little bit. I run two copies of mprime, plus firefox and such, and after 15-20
minutes, I get the automatic reboot.
[pruned]

Out of (personal) curiosity, why do you run 2 copies of mprime for
these tests? Wouldn't the one copy do?

Presumably, one wants to run one instance per core or per processor (or per core per multi-core processor) to fully saturate the processing capacity of your system.

In which case shouldn't Per be running 4 copies of mprime (as he has a quad-core CPU)?

Ciao.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.