Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:05:06 -0600
On Monday 03 March 2008 07:48:23 pm Basil Chupin wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
You will undoubtedly remember the discussion about the stability
problems on my new workstation from a couple of weeks ago. I'll
quickly sum up -

[pruned]

And the machine still crashes under load - even just a little bit. I
run two copies of mprime, plus firefox and such, and after 15-20
minutes, I get the automatic reboot.

[pruned]

Out of (personal) curiosity, why do you run 2 copies of mprime for these
tests? Wouldn't the one copy do?

From readme.txt (mprime2414.tar.gz) :

To fully utilize a dual-CPU machine, you must run two copies of
mprime. Run one copy of mprime as described above. Run the second
copy of mprime with the -A1 switch. Make sure your startup scripts
start both executables.

-An This is used to run two or more copies of mprime
from the same directory. Using this command line argument
causes mprime to use a different set of filenames for the
INI files, the results file, the log file, and the spool file.
Just use a different value of n for each extra copy of
mprime you start.

--
Regards, Rajko.
See http://en.opensuse.org/Portal