Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:56:48 -0600
On Monday 03 March 2008 04:09:45 am Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
Well. That didn't take long. About 35minutes. Crash.

I was running the following:

cd /usr/src/linux
while true
do
make mrproper
zcat /proc/config.gz >.config
make -j6
done

OTOH, I left it running all night, and it kept going until now, which is
about 14hours. No probs.

You mean that it first crashed after 35 minutes, and than run all night.
What did you change?

BTW, I left mprime binary running in KDE konsole for 2 hours and it warmed up
CPU to 65 C, but it didn't found any problems.

I also tried to compile from sources, but compilation failed. Some rule in
makefile was not defined. I was actually looking to compile first as is, and
later to change machine to AMD 64 and see how it works. Default mach is i486.

--
Regards, Rajko.
See http://en.opensuse.org/Portal