Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:24:21 +0100
On Saturday 01 March 2008 15:42:46 Per Jessen wrote:
You will undoubtedly remember the discussion about the stability
problems on my new workstation from a couple of weeks ago. I'll
quickly sum up -

1. Gigabyte motherboard, quite new model.
2. AMD Phenom quad-core CPU. 2.2GHz
3. 4Gb memory
4. Software RAID1 on SATA disks.
5. ATI Radeon X1650.
6. 850W powersupply.

When I subject the system to stress testing (mprime), it will
automatically reboot after a fairly short time.

Does this system have some sort of watchdog, that monitors for kernel hangs?

Anders
--
Madness takes its toll