Re: [opensuse] Need help doing a batch conversation lf - cr/lf
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 21:11:45 -0500
On Friday 07 December 2007 12:54:54 pm Randal Jarrett wrote:
Thanks for the template. I'll add it to the others and see if I can get
something to work.

As for the top vs bottom reply, as you said it is a personal thing.

I prefer the top reply. this allows me to see the answer to the reply in
the preview window
without having to scroll down the whole message that I had previously
read.

Randal,

It is nice that you have your personal preference.

However, please allow me to give you some advice. I am not a "list police" or
whatever. Many new subscribers don't know the protocol of this list. That
is, that in this list we prefer bottom posting. We don't even look at the
top. We look at the flow of information in a logical mmanner.When we reply we
trim unneccessary information and bottom post. That is the way it has been
for many years and will always remain so.

You are only hurting yourself with top-posting. There are several hundred
subscribers on this list and a great deal of them are very knowledegable
old-timers with a vast amount of expertise and experience who are here to
help people with their favorite distro. They get tired of telling the new
people to bottom post. So what do these very knowledgeable people do when
they see a top post? "Plonk" the request is deleted. No reply from someone
who can help you.

You seem like an intelligent courteous person. Do us the courtesy of following
the protocol of this list. Your choice.

Bob S