Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:45:40 +0100

>>> Reply on 13-11-2006 15:43:42 <<<> Basil Chupin wrote:
> >

> One thing a lot of people are forgetting, is there's still OpenSUSE,
> which contributes no money whatsoever to MS and isn't likely to
receive
> any MS patents.

c'mon.. in all reports is written that the agreement assures that no
USER will get sued my Microsoft. But I've never, really NEVER and
NOWHERE read that MS would not sue Novell if they were infringing their
patents. Why was this not put in the contract? Microsoft does not grant
the usage of their patented work by Novell (there is NO Patent license
fee) nor does Novell believe that they infringe any of the MS Patents.
So there was basically no need/wish for such a clause

Dominique