Re: [opensuse] chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:44:30 +0100
Martin,

>>> Reply on 13-11-2006 14:28:37 <<<> Hi there,
>
> as for your questions:
>
> 1. want to work on a mounted ISO to create a customized
> live-cd/live-usb
> I *know* there are tons of ready-to-go live-distros but at my work
we
> need to include some home-brew utils...
>
> 2. nothing special... just mounted the ISO image and wanted to chroot
> where it is mounted...

If you want to CHROOT to a directory, you have to be sure the programs
you start there inside (in case no program is specified to chroot,
$SHELL is user) is working and all the nescessary libs are in place
(inside the chroot)

so for you: inside the ISO Image, there is probably no
{chrooted}/bin/bash and/or some libraries are missing.

Put them in place and you're set.

Dominique

  • No further messages