Re: [SLE] Suggestion, SUSE 10.1: Improve the Software Management
  • From: stephan beal <stephan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:12:22 +0200
On Friday 14 July 2006 12:20, stephan beal wrote:
> The third problem is that multiple users can run yast from multiple
> desktop instances (e.g., my girlfriend and i are always both logged
> in to KDE on the same machine). There is no way for one user to force
> the app to the front on the other user's display, nor to "steal" the
> GUI from one display to another.

And the fourth problem, of course, is that yast might not be running
from a desktop at all. Most server installations don't run X11, and
therefore only run the console-based yast.

There are probably more reasons, but we'll stop here. ;)

--
----- stephan@xxxxxxxx http://s11n.net
"...pleasure is a grace and is not obedient to the commands