OpenSuse 10.1: failure during "Initializing catalogs"
  • From: "Bogdan Harjoc" <harjoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 19:32:47 +0300
Hi,

Downloaded the 10.1-mini ISO today, booted and selected

http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/

as the HTTP source for installation. I selected "use additional package
repositories". An error message showed up but not for enough time
so that I could read it during the "Initializing catalogs" screen and
after that the error dialog box showed up.

It would be useful to know whether the "additional repositories"
setting could have caused this.

MD5SUM of the ISO is ok, fwiw.

Cheers,
Bogdan